Marines.Together We Served

Monday, August 28, 2017

The Playbook Plan

Roots in Ripon
Chuck Roots
28 August 2017
www.chuckroots.com

The Playbook Plan

My column, Roots in Ripon, first began fifteen years ago when I was called up from the naval reserve for a two-year stint in support of the Iraq War. The editor of the then Ripon Record, Joe Franscella, asked me if I would be willing to write a weekly column for the paper, describing my experiences in going back to war. My previous experience was as an enlisted Marine in Vietnam.

Writing about something new and different each week has not been difficult primarily because I have so many interests that my mind is constantly roiling over some issue, problem, political dilemma, family dynamic, etc., that I never lack for material. After the demise of the Ripon Record, I was picked up by the Manteca Bulletin which also publishes the Ripon Bulletin.

The reason for my stating the background of my column is to simply say that I write about a wide variety of topics and themes. Though I am acutely interested in politics, I do not venture into this arena all that often. My reason is simple: In today’s political climate, tensions run high, lines are drawn, assumptions are made (depending on your political slant), and banter, debate and general discourse have become a thing of the past. Growing up, I would listen to my folks have heated discussions with their best friends over political matters, but it had no bearing on their love for one another. I wish we could return to those times. Today, the measure of political discourse goes something like this: If you don’t agree with me, then you’re the enemy!” Sad.

 That said, I would like to bring to your attention a topic I find very troubling. On the Internet, I found a document of roughly fifty pages written by journalist David Brock, entitled, “Democracy Matters: Strategic Plan for Action.” It was further described as “A Confidential Memo on Fighting Trump.” This is the Democrat Party’s playbook on how to undermine and defeat President Donald Trump. It has “Private & Confidential” on each page.

A special meeting was held by the Democratic leadership outlining the game plan for various liberal, left-leaning organizations to go after Trump and all Republicans, as well as those few Democrats who might agree with the President’s policies and agenda on occasion. The following is the list of tactics to be used by these liberal/progressive operatives: Media Matters (for America); American Bridge (21st Century); CREW; and Shareblue. (https://www.scribd.com/document/337535680/Full-David-Brock-Confidential-Memo-On-Fighting-Trump#from_embed)

This is their approach to undermining the Trump Administration:

·        Calling out all signs of authoritarianism and kleptocracy (serving in government for status and personal gain at the expense of the governed). Championing voices who have been right to warn us.

·        Non-stop coverage of the influence of Vladimir Putin and Russia on Trump and his administration.

·        Exposing Trump as a weak, thin-skinned “loser,” vulnerable to goading.

·        Relentlessly beating the drum that he (Trump) has no mandate, lost the popular vote, and is the least popular president-elect in modern American history.

·        Exposing the insidious role of (Vice President) Mike Pence, who is replicating the right-wing governance ideology he inflicted on Indiana.

·        Demystifying Trump’s “Conflicts of Interest” and calling them what they are: Subversions of the nation’s interests.

·        Spotlighting the Trump administration’s vast ties to white-nationalists and the ways in which they explicitly empower white supremacy.

·        Tracking and fighting back against odious GOP (Grand Old Party, i.e., Republicans) legislation in Congress.

·        Following SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) nominations/appointments/major cases.

·        Morale-boosting coverage of the grassroots opposition and resistance efforts outside the Beltway (a euphemism for Washington DC politics).

·        Positive coverage of Democrats who boldly call out Trump and aggressively work against him. Pressure on Democrats who consider giving him cover.

·        Media criticism exposing mainstream journalists who normalize Trump, and championing those who hold him accountable.

·        Fighting outrage fatigue.

All the above parentheses were made by me to define or explain various words and acronyms.

So, perhaps this will shed some light on the tactics of the Democrats, Leftists, Progressives (take your pick) and why the news about President Trump always seems to be so bad.

As a Christian, I am instructed from God’s Word, the Bible, to “pray for those in authority over me.” You see, this is not simply an ideological or political war. It is a spiritual war. Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places.

And spiritual wars are fought and won on your knees.


No comments: